We spend almost one-third of our lives in bed, sleeping, or trying to sleep. Sleep is an integral part of our lives as it allows us to regain our energy & prepare our body for the activities. Adults, children, babies, & elders everyone needs to complete the sleep cycle in order to stay healthy.
Children & babies have varying sleep patterns which as a parent really matter to you. Most of the children sleep during the day or in unusual hours. Some children find sleeping tough due to uncomfortable bedding or topper. This can make the parents stressed and overwhelmed. If you are one of those parents who are constantly worried due to their child’s inadequate sleep, here is the best thing you can do.
If it is your first child & you are worried how you can help the infant sleep quickly, it is always the best to follow some guidelines from parenting sites or ask your elders.
You can opt for a weighted blanket for kids & toddlers or add stuffed toys to their beds they love. Below are given the benefits & salient features of these blankets that make them stand out, keep on reading to find out!
What makes these blankets different?
Before adults became the significant beneficiaries for these blankets, manufacturers used to make them for children, specifically. They were mainly used to induce sleep for children with autism in the beginning.
As time passed, it was found that they are the best non-medical cure for insomnia, stress, anxiety, and a way to induce sleep quickly.
These blankets come in different forms. One thing that makes them different from conventional ones, is that they come with an added weight. That’s because various brands use small grains as a filling to bring in that extra weight. This extra weight adds a snuggly effect to the body & almost feels like someone is hugging the sleeper while he/she is sleeping.
The controversy behind these blankets
If you research, different doctors have varying opinions on whether one should buy a weighted blanket for their kid or not. Here’s what they say:
- Some love the idea because it’s a non-medical way to solve sleep-related problems for kids. That means that you don’t have to get them to consume any drug, leading to addictions, to cure sleep problems.
- While some doctors feel that the blanket’s weight can be way too much for your child. And it can cause suffocation, difficulty in breathing, and death eventually.
So should you buy them?
In the expert’s opinion, there’s nothing wrong with buying a weighted blanket. The benefits, obviously, outweigh the cons. And there are many best kids weighted blankets you can buy for your kid.
Nonetheless, it’s good to follow a buying guide to help yourself end up with a premium quality blanket. One such guide is given below:
- You should first understand the behavior of your child. Every child has different sleeping habits, and for some, especially hot sleepers, sleeping with a weighted blanket is an added burden. So, they can’t even sleep or use it.
- Find the right size for your child. Experts recommend parents to buy a weighted blanket whose weight is 10% of the child’s mass. It should never be more than that.
- Also, you need to supervise its usage as a parent. If the child is older, you can ask them what kind of blankets they would like. Test it by laying it on them and finding out what they think and feel about the blanket. And that’s a super parenting tip right there.
- Always choose a color & design that your child likes. For instance, you can opt for the ones having their favorite cartoon characters printed on them. When it comes to choosing the color scheme, select it according to the gender & nature of the kid.
- Last but not least, review as many brands as possible to find the right one for your child.
Benefits of Buying Weighted Blankets for Your Kids
If you feel that buying a weighted blanket for you is the right solution, here are some of the benefits you’ll experience, especially if it’s the right one & bought keeping all the guidelines in view. Here’s everything you need to know:
Your child will sleep immediately
Some parents have to sit down next to their children to watch them sleep. If they leave before they fall to sleep, the child might remain awake for the rest of the night. But if you buy the weighted blankets, the weight on them will soothe them to dreamland within minutes.
In short, these blankets will help kids sleep effortlessly & wake up fresh.
It reduces anxiety and any sleep-related issues
Your child may not have any stress or anxiety. But if your child can sleep throughout the night without waking up, you can be sure that they will be productive during the day. It also eliminates any health challenges related to sleep immediately.
The parent is also a beneficiary
If your child sleeps well, you don’t have to wake up in the middle of the night to take your child back to bed. You also get enough sleep, and you are productive throughout the day.
Supply necessary warmth to the Kid
Kids’ weighted blankets are warm. Regardless of how cold it is outside, your child remains warm inside the snuggly blankets. On the other hand, if your child doesn’t like blankets that are too warm, you can opt for medium weight ones that are a breathable option.
As a parent you’ll always think best for your child. The same is the case when it comes to their bedding, there’s nothing as hurtful as buying bedding or blanket that you know your kid will never use.
Therefore, when buying, use a buying guide & explore different market options. It’s also essential to take your child with you when buying. Get to know their sleeping patterns, what they like (color schemes, styles, or patterns), and figure out if they prefer a particular type.
About The Author:
Aqib Ijaz is a digital marketing guru at eyesonsolution.com. He is adept in IT as well. He loves to write on different topics. In his free time, he likes to travel and explore different parts of the world. You can read more of his blogs at eyesonsolution.