The first thing that comes to every student’s mind when they hear the word Netflix is Netflix Student Discount. It has generated an unprecedented buzz among this group. Many other streaming apps have their own discount schemes for students.
But there is something about the Netflix Student Discount that sets it apart. There is something about the Netflix Student Discount that appeals to students more than any other streaming app.
Netflix has almost become an inseparable part of our lives. Netflix and Chill is our latest mantra. What attracts students more towards the Netflix Student Discount is the no-ad feature and the amazing picture quality. So, Does Netflix have a student discount?
You can back out whenever you want to. A huge repository of TV shows and movies along with a lucrative Netflix Student Discount is all that is needed.
Why do we need Netflix Student discount?
Usually, when you subscribe to Netflix, you must shed an amount that ranges from $8.99 to $17.99 every month. The amount depends on what plan you have opted for. Obviously, when it comes to students, this is a pretty stiff amount.
Students, in particular, don’t have deep pockets. In other words, students find it difficult to subscribe as these plans are beyond their range. In such a situation, Netflix Student Discount is the only thing that can help students fulfill their love for entertainment.
Before you get too excited though, I must let you know that as of today, Netflix doesn’t have any discount plan. After all, this app is sort of like a compendium of movies and series, both live-action as well as animated. Many of these are also highly acclaimed and have won plenty of awards.
In addition to that, you don’t always have to use your desktop for viewing your favourite movies and series. Just download the app on your Android or iOS and you can binge-watch your favourite show or movie in transit.
Given so many features, it is natural for the app to have such a high subscription. But don’t be disappointed. There can still be a way out for a Netflix Student Discount.
In order to get a Netflix Student Discount, here are some tricks that you can deploy so that you don’t have to shed too much cash. You will be able to save up your pocket money as well. Keep reading to know more about these incredible steps that help you figure out the Netflix Student Discount.
1. Netflix free trial for students
This step of getting the Netflix Student Discount is based on the one-month trial that the app provides without any charges. You can have a Netflix account for free or in other words get 100 percent Netflix Student Discount.
Sounds funny, isn’t it? You don’t have to do anything beyond installing the app and opening your account.
You must provide your card details though, while you are signing up. But that shouldn’t unsettle you. At any time, if you want to discontinue the membership, you can. The 2 simple steps for this 100 percent Netflix Student Discount are as follows:
- Open Netflix (app or the website) and create an account for yourself.
- Once you have created the account, choose the option that says ‘Start your free month trial’.
You will get to watch movies and TV shows on Netflix for free for a month. You can watch anything and even download them, courtesy of this Netflix Student Discount. On the 29th day, you can terminate your subscription, if you wish to.
Very rarely, you might be offered this 100 percent Netflix Student Discount again. But then, it is very rare. If you have multiple email ids then you can try to get multiple one month trial accounts.
However, this Netflix Student Discount is a gem for a lot of students, as they don’t need to spend any amount at all. Don’t waste time anymore time in getting this discount and binge watch your favourite movies and shows.
2. Selecting a basic discount scheme
The Netflix plan that costs the least is its basic plan for which you have to pay only $8.99 every month. While this may not sound like an outright Netflix Student Discount, this is still a very affordable deal; of course, once the free trial is over.
More importantly, there isn’t much difference between this plan and other standard and premium plans in terms of features and accessibility. There can be some alterations with reference to the picture quality or the sharing of the account.
The basic plan is not meant to be shared, that is, only one individual can use it at once. In addition to that, the video quality is 720p which is not too bad for $8.99 per month and works perfectly for mobile devices.
You can share your account with your friends or relatives and divide the monthly fee so that each one gets a smaller share.
You get access to great content with a reasonable picture quality and you save money as well. To enjoy this service, follow the steps below.
- Open the Netflix app or website and then open your account.
- In the Right Panel, you will see an option called Change Plan. Click on it.
- A table of plans will appear on your screen. Select the ‘Basic’ option.
And with that you get to save $72 every year in addition to enjoying all your favourite movies and shows.
On top of that, if you pay at once for multiple months then you will get a bigger discount. For instance, when you subscribe for 3 months you get 15% discount. When you subscribe for 6 months you get 25% discount and so on.
3. Using gift cards & coupons
Gift card is another way to exercise the Netflix Student Discount. Users obtain these gift cards by using other apps. This includes apps like AMEX that provide gift vouchers to the users. Generally, these gift cards do not have a long life and can expire soon.
So, it is up to you to use this for getting Netflix Student Discount on time and save as much money as possible. The steps of using a gift card for discount purposes are as follows:
- Login to your Netflix account via your Android or iPhone or PC.
- Click on the option that reads ‘Manage Profiles’ and a list of options will appear on your screen.
- Choose the ‘Change payment method’ option and enter your gift card coupon number.
- And that is how you get a Netflix Student Discount with a subscription to Netflix.
There are also multiple online coupon sites for getting Netflix discount coupons. Some of these sites include – Zouton, Groupon, Grabon, Shopper.com, etc.
Not only for getting discounts on Netflix memberships but you will also find coupons for watching popular shows like Stranger things for free.
4. Special promotions
Another option that seems close enough to a Netflix Student Discount is the special promotions feature. These special promotions are usually offered by certain companies in the form of gift vouchers. Here are some examples:
- Companies such as Raise, Cardpool, and Gift Card Granny offer a number of Netflix Student Discount gift cards. Users can save money by employing these cards as well. However, most of these cards are applicable for the same product.
- T-Mobile (a wireless company) under its program known as Netflix on Us pays for the Netflix bills of the user, if they have more than one line. The program also covers the Netflix plan that you opt for, be it Basic or Standard.
- Verizon (network provider) offers a full year plan regarding Netflix that helps you to save almost $190 every year. That’s a pretty amazing Netflix Student Discount, don’t you think?
5. Contacting a Netflix dealer
Don’t worry, its not as hard as it sounds. Some dealers don’t mind sharing their accounts at a discounted rate with other subscribers. Usually, they purchase a subscription and but are unable to use it for a variety of reasons.
Selling the subscription is the only offer open to them. Such dealers can be found easily on social media.
They charge very little, making for a reasonable Netflix Student Discount. While it’s not always permanent, you should still give it a shot.
By now, you know that Netflix Student discount is actually a general Netflix discount that can be availed by just being a little smart and saving money. Be careful as to not fall prey to scammers though. Check if the payment method accepts PayPal which secures its buyers from frauds.
Netflix Alternatives for Students
Netflix is a great online streaming app but it is not the only online streaming app. There are many other great Netflix alternatives that you should atleast check out for a good comparison.
- FreeFlix – This is a free onlilne streaming service with all the popular TV shows and movies. You can find TV shows from the popular channels like HBO, ABC, Discovery, Fox TV, etc. You can simply download Freeflix APK on your smartphone and start streaming for free.
- Amazon Prime – Prime is also an online repository like Netflilx. It has huge database of great TV shows like Flash, Arrow, Mentalist, etc. There is also a big list of popular movies on it. Amazon prime comes with multiple benefits and the charges are very low. You can free delivery on Amazon orders, membership of Prime video, Music, games and audiobooks. There is a student discount program too.
- Hulu – Another very popular online streaming service with a big collection of movies and TV shows. There are ads in the basic plan but you can easily block them. The plans start with $5.99/mo .
- Disney Plus – A new but competive alternative to Netflix. You can watch new TV shows as well as older shows and movies of Disney on and Sony ono Disney Plus. It has also partnered with Hotstar so that you get even bigger database of streaming choices that includes Marvel movies & TV shows, HBO, Star World, ABC Studios, FOXlife, Showtime, etc.
Now, you know how to get discount on Netflix in 5 different ways. I would recommend that you also try these amazing Netflix alternatives and see if you find them to your liking.
Each of these platforms provide atleast one-month free trial with unlimited streaming so there is an easy and fun way to test the services. Even if you don’t like them, you still had one month of entertainment for free.